I have been wanting to try this recipe for a long time and I finally did it and OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! It was delicious! I cannot believe I haven't tried this sooner.
You can really put whatever toppings you want to on this pizza. I was going for veggie toppings and it came out great. On top of this recipe being healthier, it's also gluten free!!!!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregeno
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- Additional mozzarella, and your choice of toppings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove leaves and stalks from cauliflower and pulse in a food processor until it looks like grain.
- Microwave for 8 minutes. (No need to add water!) After cauliflower has cooked, cool slightly, place cauliflower in cheesecloth and squeeze excess liquid out. (This step is very important!)
- Mix one cup of the cauliflower with the egg, Parmesan, crushed garlic, and oregano.
- Form the dough into a circle on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Add sauce and toppings and broil on high for about 3 minutes, or until cheese in melted. Remember, if you are using meat toppings they should be pre-cooked, since they will only be broiled for the time it takes the cheese to melt.