Paleo Cheeseburger Casserole
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Dairy free cheese and green onion to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is translucent and veggies are softened.
- Increase heat to high and add ground turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking meat up as it cooks, until beef has browned and is no longer pink. Add oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the chicken broth and the crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; add spiralized sweet potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are slightly softened and sauce is reduced. Remove from heat and top with chopped tomatoes and spring onions. Serve warm.